Your use of any information on this blog is entirely at your own risk. It is your responsibility to ensure that any tutorials or information available through this blog meet your specific requirements and skills. Wise Owl Interiors will not be held responsible for any form of issue caused by the advice provided.
Comments on this blog are welcome, encouraged and appreciated. Those deemed to be spam, solely promotional in nature or offensive will be deleted. For this reason, all comments are moderated. Note that including a link is permitted, as long as it’s related to the post itself. I reserve the right to edit or delete any comments submitted to the blog without notice.
This blog includes links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information, some of which are affiliate links. Please note that once you visit such external sites, you are subject to their own terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time. If you have any questions, please use the contact form.
Should Wise Owl Interiors ever decide to be sold, please note that any data we collect will be passed on to the new owner for the same purposes as outlined by us. This is an assignment clause.
This policy is effective since November 21st 2018 and was last reviewed on 8th June 2019.
Information that you share with Wise Owl Interiors enables us to provide a service to you and we collect this information by telephone, electronic and written correspondence or via our website. We may ask you for information including your name, private/business address, contact telephone numbers and email address. We may also ask you for other information that relates to the service you are using or ordering.
Please note when you enter your email address on Wise Owl Interiors website under the subscriber area or the subscriber bar, you are providing consent for us to use your email address for our subscriber list. We tend to send our emails monthly, but can do more than this on the odd occasion for marketing purposes. We use MailChimp as a newsletter service. When you agree to signing up to our newsletter, your data will be shared with and you will be contacted by the third party organisation MailChimp (https://mailchimp.com/) who adheres to the EU-US Privacy Shield and the Swiss-US Privacy Shield frameworks and who will make this contact on our behalf. You can change your email marketing preferences or unsubscribe from our subscriber list at any time by contacting us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email.
Your email address and other personal information will not be shared with any third parties for any other purposes, unless there is a legal obligation for us to provide them with this.
If you purchase anything online from Wise Owl Interiors via our website, for example interior design package etc, please note we will automatically collect information like your telephone number, full name & address and email address to place the order. This information is solely collected so that should we need to get in touch with you regarding your order, we are able to do so. Once the order has been completed and after a maximum period of 12 months, when the information as is deemed as no longer necessary, then the information will no longer be stored and will be securely deleted from our systems.
We also require our clients’ information like full name, address, email and telephone number so that we can keep in touch. We send fabric samples to our clients, call them if they require phone support and generally keep in touch in order to fulfil our contracted design service. In light of this, information is collected from our clients and processed for these reasons.
Please note we would never pass on a client’s personal data / information to another company without obtaining your written consent first. For example, we will not pass on your email address to a tradesmen or supplier without asking you for permission first. We will, however, pass an email address contact and name to another designer in the team so that they can get in contact with you, should they need to.
We only keep your personal information for as long as you are a client of Wise Owl Interiors, unless we believe in good faith that the law or other regulation requires us to preserve it (for example, because of our obligations to tax authorities or in connection with any anticipated litigation). Please be aware that we are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of six (6) years after which time it will be destroyed if it is no longer required for the legitimate business need for which it was obtained or for other legal or regulatory purposes.
If you purchase an interior design service order online we will automatically receive your personal information like name, address and telephone number when the order is placed online (as to place the order you must submit this information). This is so that we can contact you to discuss your design needs, send fabric samples etc. The same goes for if you sign up to request for an interior designer to get in touch, by willingly entering your email to do so, you are giving us consent to contact you via this address and to store your email address for up to a year, so that we can contact you. This information is collected through our website, after you’ve submitted it, and securely stored on our systems in a password protected document for one (3) years.
Finally, Wise Owl Interiors will disclose your personal information to third parties:
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If Wise Owl Interiors or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Should any of the above take place, any personal data we hold will be passed on to the new owner for the same purposes as outlined above. This is an assignment clause.
You may amend your registration details at any time or ask us to remove your details from our files by emailing us at email@example.com. You can also unsubscribe from any email sent by clicking the appropriate link at the bottom of the email.
Should you wish to know what personal information Wise Owl Interiors holds about you, we ask that you put your request in writing and send it to us to the email address mentioned above. Wise Owl Interiors have one (1) month to supply this information to you free of charge.
This blog includes content (words and images), that are copyright (©) of Wise Owl Interiors unless specified or sourced. Some rights reserved. Product photographs used in mood boards are copyrighted to their respective owners.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form, including text and images, is subject to a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International license (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0). Please read the terms of this license very carefully. Some of the main points are outlined below:
You are free to redistribute the content in any medium or format. However, in order to do so, you must give appropriate full credit and a link to the original post. For example, adding the caption “Photo credit: Wise Owl Interiors” when inserting our content including images. Note that using only “Image source” as a caption with no owner information is not sufficient according to the terms of the license.
Finally, under no circumstances, you may modify/transform the content, or use it for commercial purposes without prior explicit consent. If in doubt, please contact us and we will respond as soon as we can.
1. By requesting a designer and having a room design made by Wise Owl Interiors virtual design service, the client agrees to accept the following terms and conditions.
2. Wise Owl Interiors is a virtual interior design service. For a specified fee per room, we will provide a tailored digital design and select a specially chosen list of items which the client can then choose to purchase.
3. For the £110 basic package, no revisions will be provided and clients will receive 2 months of ‘design’ time’ with the designer. Additionally, the designer is not contracted to respond on the weekend.
4. For the £250 premium package, you will receive 1 x revision and unlimited design time with the designer. To clarify, design revisions consist of a change of 5 items originally chosen by the designer. If the designer feels as though the clients revisions require a substantial amount of work, or may change the design drastically so other alterations need to be made, the designer has the right to charge an additional fee for the extra work. Price dependent on work needed to be re-done. The designer will however not charge the client without discussing this first.
5. For the £400 luxe package the client will receive up to 2 revisions of the design, however this does not include additional 3D renders. Any new 3D renders will be charged at £50 per room. To clarify, design revisions consist of a change of 5 items originally chosen by the designer. If the designer feels as though the clients revisions require a substantial amount of work, or may change the design drastically so other alterations need to be made, the designer has the right to charge an additional fee for the extra work. Price dependent on work needed to be re-done. The designer will however not charge the client without discussing this first.
6. If a client has a room which measures over 4 m x 4 m or has a large open place space, additional charges may apply.
7. Wise Owl Interiors take full payment up front and will only start work on a clients design once payment has been received and all information has been received e.g. floor plans, photos, measurements etc. Wise Owl Interiors expect payment within 1 week of invoicing.
8. Wise Owl Interiors accept no responsibility for any false, unclear or inaccurate measurements provided by the client.
9. Wise Owl Interiors do not accept any responsibility or liability for any incorrect furniture ordered by the client, or furniture that may be the wrong size, wrong colour or arrive damaged.
10. Wise Owl Interiors work on the assumption that all clients check the dimensions of the furniture pieces recommended to them before purchasing. Wise Owl Interiors will not accept any liability or responsibility for furniture ordered by the client that isn’t to their satisfaction or needed to be returned.
11. Wise Owl Interiors will endeavour to scale up floorplans provided by the client or the clients contractor to the best of their ability and as accurately as possible. Wise Owl Interiors do however require all clients to check these floorplans are accurate and correct before beginning any form of design work such as hiring tradesmen, requesting quotes and purchasing furniture etc.
12. If a client does not respond to the designer or initiate contact for an extended period of time and reinstates contact more than 3 months down the line, the designer is not required to carry out further design work free of charge. Additionally, if the designer does not hear back from the client within 3 months the project will be regarded as completed and no further work will be carried out.
13. Any clients based outside of the UK, for example within the EU and USA, when engaging in a work relationship with Wise Owl Interiors, are subject to UK laws. Wise Owl Interiors will not be complying with US, Canadian or EU laws, strictly UK laws.